Summary: Patients often suffer from nerve issues due to coronavirus infection. Find out what Arash Hadipour Nikash has to say.
Most people associate COVID-19 infection with severe respiratory issues accompanied by cough, cold, and fatigue. However, the virus not only attacks the respiratory system but can affect your brain and nerves. Undoubtedly, several people complain about the cognitive and consistent effect of the disease and the symptoms are problems in memory. The difficulty is focusing on anything and tiredness. However, the situation can go beyond these symptoms to the severe end.
Changing mindset about coronavirus according to Arash Hadipour Nikash
Research reveals that there was a significant fall in stroke cases during the lockdown. But the cases surged within a fortnight when treatment for COVID patients began. Several COVID patients admitted to hospitals had undergone a stroke. According to doctors, the reason behind stroke is due to overreaction through the immune system. Causing inflammation in the brain and body.
Even though the doctors initially thought that the coronavirus infection has nothing to do with the brain. And only affected lungs are now changing their opinion as blood-clotting issues and the hyper-inflammatory. The response of the immunity can also contribute to brain damage and nerve disorders. Here are the common neurological damages that occur due to coronavirus:
- Several people experience disorientation or a confused mind also called encephalopathy or delirium that combines. With disturbances in the memory and a situation called psychosis.
- The infection often results in blood clots, resulting in a stroke, and several cases. Have also been reported in younger patients.
- The coronavirus can also cause rain to become inflamed. Which is also known as encephalitis.
- Inflammatory lesions in the brain can also occur. Encephalomyelitis Or ADEM, along with low levels of oxygen in the brain.
- Considerable damage to the nerves has also been noted. Resulting in numbness and pain.
- The immune system of the body attacks the nerves, which manifests in the form of Guillain-Barre syndrome.
The patterns of the effects of coronavirus on the nerves are similar throughout the world. And some of the health issues are fatal or people suffering from neurological problems can also suffer from long-term consequences.
Opinion of Arash Hadipour Nikash
There are mixed opinions about how coronavirus affects. The brain but Arash Hadipour Nikash says that people suffering. The infection can suffer from confusion and disorientation. Even though not many people may show similar symptoms, and many of them stay temporarily. The long-term effects are not unknown. Often, elderly people suffer from a decline in their cognitive abilities, especially in those patients who suffer from dementia.
Apart from this, there are patients suffering from coronavirus infections with a history of ischemic strokes. That can be susceptible to a sudden obstacle in the flow of oxygen to the brain. Patients with the risk factor of stroke, especially those suffering from hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. Can also suffer from clotting of blood in multiple areas. Such as in the arteries that provide blood to the brain. However, it often becomes difficult for doctors to diagnose where the inflammation of the nerve. Endings is due to the effect of coronavirus on some other illness.